Dentists based in Los Angeles are a dime a dozen. But what sets me aside from the pack is my celebrity clientele and my ability to steadily grow my social following by leveraging these relationships. Not many other smile experts have such famous patients.
Dentistry is full of many professionals, but professionals with digital marketing success are a whole different playing field. I wasn’t just lucky. I also worked very hard to garner attention on social channels like Instagram to grow my following and my client list.
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need to be a lifestyle influencer to gain awareness and attention for your dental practice on social media. I’ve not only built my business on professionalism and perfecting smiles, I’ve also boomed through the rise of social media. How many ordinary professions have grown outside the realms of the creative industries? Not many.
Here are a few things you can do as a dentist to market yourself on social media:
- Use before and after images: You can really showcase your work on social media networks such as Instagram through images taken before and after procedures. This is the time to show your talents. Just make sure that the images are clean and well lit. You also want to make sure that they aren’t gory and are appropriate for your audience.
- Reposting smiles from celebs you’ve worked with: The best part of working with celebrities is that they can be your most influential clients. They have large followings, and who doesn’t want a Hollywood star’s smile? As soon as they’ve had a whitening session, they’re ready to smile for their selfies, and you can always repost these photos to promote the impact you’ve had on their oral health. Even if you aren’t in Hollywood, patients who are well known in your community like local politicians or athletes can have a similar impact.
- Post behind the scenes images: A lot of the time, patients don’t really know what’s going on behind the scenes. They often see dentistry as a scary office that they have to visit twice a year for their own good. You want to clear this image from their mind by posting photos of simple processes like teeth whitening sessions in addition to pictures of your staff caring for your patients.
- Ask permission to post images with celebs and staff: Of course, you can’t be starstruck person when it comes to working with celebrities. No matter the admiration you maybe have for a certain person, you must always remain professional. Oftentimes, our celebrity clientele is thankful for this approach. We do not invade their privacy by secretly taking pictures of them visiting our office. You want to be transparent and ask your famous visitors if it is okay to use their image and even pose with your staff. Make their experience as comfortable and personalized as possible so you can build a true relationship.
- Adding contact information: Under all of my posts, I add my contact information. It may seem like a simple step, but really it does help. Potential patients have all of your information immediately in their hands rather than having to looking through your profile to find it.
Dr. Wahab is a leading provider of dental and oral healthcare services to patients in and around Beverly Hills, Calif, and the surrounding regions. At his practice, Unforgettable Smile, he offers procedures and treatments including the application of porcelain veneers, dental implants, Invisalign, teeth whitening, gum therapy, cosmetic services, full mouth reconstruction, IV sedation, and dental bonding.
Better Angulation Gives Celebrities Their Winning Smiles
How to Optimize Your Facebook Use to Reach Local Patients
Nearly Nine Out of Ten Dental Practices Now Use Social Media