Have you ever heard the 1920s song, “Fifty Million Frenchmen Can’t Be Wrong”? Well, the owners of the latest Internet phenomenon, Snapchat, aren’t wrong either. According to Entrepreneur, the app generates 6 billion video views every day.
If you believe that Snapchat is just for kids and won’t help your practice, how do you discount the millions of its users from every demographic and walk of life? Entrepreneur reports that Snapchat has approximately 26 million users, including many of your patients.
If you don’t embrace Snapchat technology, you’re missing a tremendous opportunity to significantly increase your Internet presence. Inquisitr reports that children, adults, and even seniors are already using Snapchat on a daily basis, and senior use of social media including Facebook and Snapchat has increased 400%.
What Is It?
So, what is Snapchat? How does it work? And, what can it do for your practice?
Snapchat is a video and photo messaging app created in 2011. Its users take photos and videos to share with friends. These “snaps” then can be viewed for up to 10 seconds before they disappear. It was an immediate success with the younger generation. Since then, it has grown to include users of virtually every segment and age bracket, and now it can even benefit your practice.
The value of Snapchat became relevant to both businesses and professions with the introduction of geofilters. These custom designed overlays can feature your practice’s contact information in a cool design that users can place on their individual snaps when they share them with their friends and relatives.
You can create your own geofilter design by visiting the Snapchat On-Demand site and clicking on “Create Now.” You’ll then need to log in using your Snapchat account details. Next, follow 7 easy steps:
- Step 1: Design your filter. If you have experience with graphic design, you can use programs such as Photoshop. Or if you aren’t a skilled designer, you can use free websites such as canva.com. Snapchat offers free templates that you can use as a guide. You will find them in the “Create Now” section. Be creative and fun. Make sure your Geofilter is something Snapchatters will share with their family and friends. Remember, contact information such URLs, hashtags, and social media handles are not allowed. You can add your practice name or logo, though, for awareness and branding.
- Step 2: Upload a Web-optimized .png image file that’s 1080 wide by 1920 tall.
- Step 3: Name your filter.
- Step 4: Select the day or days and times you want to run your filter. Using an onscreen map, you also need to draw a virtual fence known as a geofence around the area where your filter will be available. Note that the square footage of your geofence and the length of time that it will be up will determine its cost.
- Step 5: Add the address you would like to target into the map and draw your fence.
- Step 6: Review your order and submit your payment method.
- Step 7: Sit back, relax, and wait for your results to come rolling in!
Maybe you want to consider using your branded filter during a local, highly attended event or at your practice during your busiest hours. There are multiple ways you can use these new branded filter features to help reach a new audience and bring awareness to your practice. The best part is that you can get reports showing how many users and views your branded practice filter received.
Snapchat users love to share geofilters, even branded ones. Plus, not a lot of brands are using them yet. This gives you the unique opportunity to spread the word about your practice and pique the interest of new, potential patients. Geofilters are a new and exciting way to tap into a limitless market to enhance your practice awareness.
If you lack the time or inclination to do your own dental digital marketing, we can help you take advantage of this new opportunity. In no time at all, your practice can be enjoying the rewards of Snapchat marketing. The opportunity is yours and the time is now. Don’t wait until it is too late.
With over a decade of experience in corporate dental laboratory marketing and brand development, Jackie Ulasewich decided to take her passion for the dental business and marketing to the next level by founding My Dental Agency. Since starting her company, she and her team have helped a wide variety of practices all over the nation focus their message, reach their target patients, and grow their practice through effective marketing campaigns. When she isn’t helping dental practices reach their full potential, she can be found at the beach with her three dogs or immersed in everything food-related with her large Italian family. For more information, call (800) 689-6434.
Five Signs You Should Invest in Digital Marketing
Responsive Websites Attract New Patients
Hone in on Key Marketing Channels for Additional Growth