ChairsideCAD 2.3 Matera from exocad GmbH is latest version of the first hardware-neutral CAD solution for the clinical environment, according to the company. It offers the widest range of indications in the market for chairside CAD software and covers the broadest spectrum of integrated devices, exocad reports. Also, the software is designed to be intuitive so users can easily, economically, and reliably deliver aesthetically demanding restorations in a single patient session.
With the new ChairsideCAD 2.3 Matera modules, the software can intelligently expand the individual practice’s offerings, the company says. Smile Creator is designed for 2-D and 3-D aesthetic planning or restorations with predictable results. Model Creator suits the creation of physical models from digital impression scans. With Jaw Motion Import, patient-specific jaw movements are imported from various measuring systems and used directly for optimal design of the occlusal surface.
Further, the DICOM Viewer offers outstanding speed when loading CBCT images, exocad says, which can be visualized together with intraoral scans and construction data. In addition, patient photos and three-dimensional facial scans can be used in combination to create a comprehensive fully digital representation of the patient, according to the company.
The Implant Module enables the design of abutments, screw-retained crowns, and bridges. The software and its modules are integrated on exocad’s software platform. This has several advantages, exocad says. For example, ChairsideCAD always runs reliably, even with complex restorations, and follows the same intuitive operating workflow as all exocad software applications, reports exocad. The wizard-driven user guidance is designed to allow precise results to be achieved quickly and with impressive quality.
The combined platform with exocad’s DentalCAD laboratory software also opens up possibilities for digital collaboration with tens of thousands of laboratories, the company says. If so desired, each step of the digital workflow can be outsourced to a preferred laboratory, allowing dentists to save time and rely on the expertise of their partner. According to exocad, additional features include:
- Flexibility in the selection of scanners and milling machines while offering simplified integration
- An integrated production system, with the positioning of the reconstruction in the milling blank taking place directly in the CAD workflow for quickly achieved and predictable results, especially when using color scans and multilayer materials
- The ability to control multiple milling machines directly from within the exocad software
- Seamless integration with exocad’s exoplan guided surgery solution
- Improved photorealistic representation of the finished restoration, with an interactive 3-D preview that also can be exported as a web link and viewed in all popular browsers including mobile devices without the need to install software
ChairsideCAD 2.3 Matera is now available in the European Union, the United States (currently without the Implant Module), Japan, South Korea, and Australia.