DMG’s complete 3-D digital printing solution includes the 3Demax digital light processing (DLP) 3-D printer, the 3Dewash cleaning unit, and the 3Decure curing unit, as well as the Cast, Model, Ortho, Tray, and Gingiva LuxaPrint resins. According to DMG, the solution offers an integrated, more simplified, and validated approach to dental 3-D printing for both new and experienced users.
The 3Demax is designed to deliver ultra-fine (±34 µm) resolution. It uses RFID technology to minimize the risk of misprints. Also, its patented Force Feedback technology accelerates printing speed by up to 50%, and its footprint measures just over one square foot. It can be used to produce surgical guides, burnout casting molds, mouthguards, occlusal splints, crowns and bridges, physical models, and more, DMG said.
The 3Dewash is a fully integrated unit that washes the remaining non-polymerized resin from 3-D printed devices. The 3Decure is a fully integrated unit that cures 3-D resins with 360° illumination.
DentaMile connect software, which will be available later in the year, will integrate with these three pieces of hardware. The intuitive, cloud-based solution connects and aligns all components and documents while securing and validating the fabrication workflow for the printed devices created using DMG’s complete 3-D printing solution, the company said.
The LuxaPrint line of high-quality, light-cured dental materials is designed for additive digital prosthetics, DMG said:
- LuxaPrint Model is designed for the fabrication of highly precise and aesthetically demanding 3-D printed models including thermoformed splints.
- LuxaPrint Ortho is an autoclavable resin with 99% transparence used for the fabrication of highly precise surgical guides and splints.
- LuxaPrint Tray suits all types of 3-D printed custom impression trays.
- LuxaPrint Gingiva is ideal for the precise replication of natural-looking gingival masks to help simulate the periodontal status for dental laboratory or master models, DMG said.
- LuxaPrint Cast is designed for the fabrication of residue-free burnout molds such as model and denture framework castings, crowns, and bridges.
Additional resin materials will be available later in the year.