The Organization for Safety, Asepsis and Prevention (OSAP) has announced the members of its 2016-2017 OSAP Board of Directors and its 2016-2017 OSAP Foundation Board of Directors.
Mike Smurr, director of marketing, merchandise, for Patterson Dental, will chair the OSAP Association Board. Kathy Eklund, director of infection control and occupational health and research subject and patient safety advocate at the Forsyth Institute in Boston, will serve as vice chair.
Dr. John O’Keefe, a general dentist and director of knowledge networks and editor in chief with the Canadian Dental Association, is the immediate past chair. Marguerite Walsh, vice president, product merchandising for Henry Schein Dental, will be the treasurer. Karen Gregory, director of compliance and education for Total Medical Compliance, will serve as secretary.
Directors for the Association Board include:
- Dr. Hudson Garrett, global chief clinical officer for Pentax Medical;
- Dr. Leslie Grant, compliance officer with the Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners;
- Dr. Theresa Mayfield, associate dean for clinical affairs at the University of Louisville School of Dentistry;
- Leanne Keefer, general manager and director of education for Crosstex International;
- Dr. Doug Risk, director of the United States Air Force Dental Evaluation and Consultation Service;
- Jessica Wilson, international speaker, trainer, and educator for Hu-Friedy.
Therese Long will continue to serve on the board ex-officio.
Dr. Donald Marianos, a consultant in dental public health, will chair the OSAP Foundation Board. Its directors will include:
- Dr. Don Cohen, chief clinical officer, HealthFirst;
- Margaret (Peggy) Cottrell, president of ProEdge Dental (retired);
- Jennifer Naylor, general manager, IMS and Infection Control Strategic Business Unit for Hu-Friedy Manufacturing;
- Andrew (Andy) Whitehead, vice president of Crosstex International.
Therese Long also continue to serve on this board ex-officio as well.
OSAP is a 501(c)(6) membership association. It was formed to be the voice for leadership and compliance with science-based dental infection prevention and safety practices through quality education and information dissemination.
The OSAP Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt educational foundation. It was formed to augment and expand upon OSAP’s ability to provide information and education by raising funds from the healthcare industry, private sector businesses, foundations, and the government. It also is dedicated to education, research, service, and policy development to promote safety and the control of infectious diseases in dental healthcare settings worldwide.