New movers can be a huge asset to dentists. Welcoming them to the neighborhood by offering a free cleaning as part of a new mover marketing program can help get them in the door and introduce them to your practice.
Competing with the hefty marketing budgets of large dental chains can be challenging for local practices. Small dental offices can capitalize on new movers to tap into a potential customer base in transition. In the United States, more than 27.1 million people move each year. The top three reasons people pack up and make a move are to improve their quality of life, lower cost of living, and live in a larger home, according to a survey conducted by Home Bay, an online moving and real estate resource. In fact, 25% of Americans who relocated in 2022 left city life and moved to the suburbs.
BENEFITS OF A FREE GIFT
The hallmark of a new mover marketing program is offering free gifts. Providing new movers with a free cleaning can go a long way to endearing you to potential patients. Remember the last time you got a gift in the mail or a surprise flower delivery? Receiving a gift makes people feel good, and the thoughtfulness of the gesture is appreciated. A free gift offers many perks and pays for itself in the long run.
Let’s explore some of the benefits of a free gift.
- Increase patient satisfaction. At least 48% of people dread going to the dentist, and only 5% of people go to the dentist each year. Receiving a free dental cleaning can spur people to schedule an appointment they’ve been putting off. As you’re aware, avoiding the dentist can lead to gum disease and increase the chances of developing heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer. Securing your preferred dental office shortly after a move will ensure cleanings remain on schedule. A free gift can engage customers and make them regular visitors. Once you attract them to your business by offering a free gift, turn them into loyal customers by providing a positive customer service experience.
- Raise brand awareness. Raising brand awareness builds trust and is a necessary step to building a loyal customer base. Ramping up brand awareness is particularly important for dental practices as they do not typically have overly-pronounced street signage or television advertising. A free gift can help showcase your brand’s philosophy and is a useful tool to welcome new patients to your practice.
- Differentiate your brand. A free cleaning can help differentiate your brand and enable you to stand out from the competition. As the amount of chain dental practices grows, local establishments need to double down on marketing to continue to add new patients.
- Generate positive reviews. Positive word-of-mouth references are also an important tool. Positive reviews help generate new business. At least 9 out of 10 customers read online reviews, and others get recommendations from family and friends before visiting a new business. Word-of-mouth marketing can increase sales and build a loyal customer base.
- Valuable reminder. Many customers put off scheduling a dental appointment because they are concerned about cost. A free cleaning shows that you appreciate your prospective customer’s time, and serves as a trial run for your business.
USE FREE GIFTS TO TARGET NEW CUSTOMERS
New residents need to build routines and establish a relationship with businesses in their new community, including finding doctors and dentists. Moving is pricey, and many new homeowners are searching for ways to cut costs as they fork out cash to turn their houses into homes. One in three Americans went over budget on their move, Home Bay reports.
Treating new residents to a free cleaning can be a welcome relief and be the motivation that prompts them to pick up the phone and schedule a cleaning.
New mover marketing offers a tangible, tactile tool for treating new residents to a free cleaning; it adds a personal touch that is useful. Our Town America has introduced new residents to businesses in their local community for more than 50 years. Our new mover direct mail marketing programs rely on carefully curated, up-to-date lists to make sure your message reaches potential customers.
Our program starts by sending a first-class Welcome Package to new residents before they form loyalties with your competitors. The proven offers are free gifts, not discounts. Once a person redeems a free cleaning, our technology can automatically trigger a ‘thank you’ offer to keep your practice top-of-mind. The TruTrak app lets you easily keep track of redemptions at the point of sale or at your convenience on a mobile device. You also have the option to run a supplemental digital marketing campaign to both the new movers in your list, as well as additional consumers in your desired geographical region.
Targeting new residents with a free cleaning is a cost-effective marketing strategy with a high return on investment.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
After serving our country as a US Army Medic, Michael Plummer, Jr. returned to the family business (Our Town America—the nation’s premier new mover marketing franchise started by his father in 1972) in 2001 to work in the IT department. More than fifteen years later, Plummer now leads the business as its CEO and CTO—using his extensive technology/data experience to make Our Town America the savviest analytical player in the industry.
A technology expert with more than 15 years of leadership experience, Michael Plummer, Jr. has helped Our Town America establish itself as the nation’s fastest-growing and most successful New Mover Marketing franchise. With dozens of franchise partners located from coast to coast, Our Town America helps thousands of local business spark long-term, loyal relationships with countless new movers each and every year.