The Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) fined Michigan Dental Wellness Center of Grand Blanc $400 for violations of COVID-19 workplace safety requirements on March 17. Violations included:
- Lack of a written COVID-19 preparedness and response plan
- Failure to require face coverings when social distancing could not be maintained
- Not practicing social distancing to the maximum extent possible at the worksite
- Not implementing industry-specific administrative and engineering controls for dental offices
- Not disinfecting high-touch surfaces
The inspection was initiated in response to an employee complaint. The practice was among 20 organizations including schools, restaurants, businesses, and other medical providers receiving COVID-19 citations in March, with fines ranging from $400 to $6,300.