A. Thomas Indresano, DMD, began his term as the 101st president of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS) during its annual meeting in October in Chicago. He served as president elect last year and as vice president the previous year. Also, he was the District VI Trustee on the AAOMS Board of Trustees for four years.
Before retiring as endowed professor and chair of oral and maxillofacial surgery at the University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry, Indresano was a professor at the University of Illinois, University of Chicago, Case Western Reserve University, and the Medical College of Wisconsin.
“I stand ready to begin my presidency after 100 great years of our organization,” said Indresano. “We have traveled so far and achieved so much for this specialty. We have forged new paths and met challenges in the world of healthcare. I look forward to another year of outstanding achievements.”
Other 2018-2018 officers elected by the AAOMS House of Delegates include:
- President-elect Victor L. Nannini, DDS
- Vice president B.D. Tiner, DDS, MD
- Speaker of the House of Delegates Steven R. Nelson, DDS
Newly elected two-year trustees include:
- District II: Paul J. Schwartz, DMD
- District IV: David Morrison Jr, DMD
- District V: Charles A. Crago, DMD, MD
- District VI: Mark A. Egbert, DDS