Malvern, PA (August 22, 2013) – DentalEZ® Group, a supplier of innovative products and services for dental health professionals worldwide, is pleased to sponsor a number of upcoming oral cancer seminars. Hosted by Henry Schein, the nationwide seminars will take place through the remainder of 2013 and features world renowned experts, Dr. Dennis Abbot and Dr. John Tucker, who will discuss this very timely subject and provide dental professionals with the tips and tools needed to incorporate oral cancer screening into their daily practice.
Areas of discussion will provide participants with a comprehensive and well-structured learning experience that will focus on four main topics:
- The changing target population for oral cancer
- How to conduct a complete, thorough examination and accurately record findings
- New detection tools
- Patient discussions: results and referral procedure
Participants will learn:
- Four key motivating factors to fully engage an oral cancer screening system into daily practice
- How to develop a mission statement for oral cancer screening in the practice
- Key statistics for oral cancer – past and present
- How to identify the changing target population for oral cancer screening examinations
- The proper steps for a complete oral cancer screening
- The why and how of new tools available to enhance the oral cancer screening process
- How to create seamless referrals and follow-up
- Communication skills for informed consent to perform oral cancer screenings, the examination itself, delivering the difficult message of a positive finding, and creating urgency for effective patient follow-through
- And much, much more!
The schedule of oral cancer seminars with Dr. Abbott and Dr. Tucker is as follows:
- Sept. 18th in Denver, CO with Dr. Abbott
- Oct. 18th in Seattle, WA with Dr. Tucker
- Oct. 18th in Tulsa, OK with Dr. Abbott
- Oct. 30th in Louisville, KY with Dr. Abbott
- Nov. 1st in Boston, MA with Dr. Tucker
- Nov. 6th in Pleasanton, CA with Dr. Abbott
- Nov. 15th in Raleigh, NC with Dr. Abbott
- Dec. 13th in Sandy, UT with Dr. Abbott
About Dr. Dennis M. Abbott
Dennis M. Abbott, D.D.S. is the founder and CEO of Dental Oncology Professionals of North Texas, an oral medicine practice dedicated to meeting the unique dental and oral health needs of patients battling cancer. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in biology from Rice University in Houston, and is an honor graduate of Baylor College of Dentistry. After dental school, Dr. Abbott studied immunology, microbiology, and oral medicine at the School of Dental Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo. In addition to private practice, he is a member of the dental oncology medical staff at Baylor Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center and Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas. He is a recipient of the Dentist Scientist Award and the National Research Service Award, both granted by the National Institutes of Health.
About Dr. John H. Tucker
John H. Tucker, D.M.D. has maintained a private practice in Erie, Pennsylvania since 1982. He is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine. He has completed the Boston Seminars in Implant Dentistry with Dr. Paul Schnitman, the University of Buffalo Esthetic Dentistry Program, all levels of the Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Study, and the University of Buffalo Patient Mastery Program. In 2005 he was awarded a Certificate of Proficiency in Esthetic Dentistry from the University of Buffalo. He is a Member of the American College of Oral Implantology, the American Academy of Implant Dentistry and the Academy of General Dentistry. He is also a Diplomate for both the International Congress of Oral Implantologists and the American Society of Osseointegration. Dr. Tucker has Mastership status in the American Academy of Implant Prosthodontics as well as Fellowship in the International Academy for Dental-Facial Esthetics.
About Henry Schein®
Henry Schein, Inc. is the world’s largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, animal health and medical practitioners. The Company also serves dental laboratories, government and institutional health care clinics, and other alternate care sites. A Fortune 500® Company and a member of the NASDAQ 100® Index, Henry Schein employs nearly 16,000 Team Schein Members and serves more than 775,000 customers.
The Company offers a comprehensive selection of products and services, including value-added solutions for operating efficient practices and delivering high-quality care. Henry Schein operates through a centralized and automated distribution network, with a selection of more than 96,000 branded products and Henry Schein private-brand products in stock, as well as more than 110,000 additional products available as special-order items. The Company also offers its customers exclusive, innovative technology solutions, including practice management software and e-commerce solutions, as well as a broad range of financial services. For more information, visit the Henry Schein Web site at www.henryschein.com.
About DentalEZ® Group
DentalEZ® Group is committed to advancing the practice of dentistry through innovative products and services. Encompassing six distinct product brands — StarDental®, DentalEZ®, CustomAir®, RAMVAC®, NevinLabs™ and Columbia Dentoform® — DentalEZ® Group manufactures everything in the operatory, from handpieces to chairs to vacuum systems to dental simulation models, creating a complete line of products to elevate the health, comfort, and efficiency of the dental operatory. For more information, please visit www.dentalez.com.