Dr. Paula Crum of Green Bay was sworn in as president of the 3,100-member Wisconsin Dental Association (WDA) during its 150th House of Delegates meeting, held virtually on November 13 and November 14.
Crum is a periodontist at Green Bay Periodontics & Implant Dentistry, where she practices with her son, Dr. Phillip Crum. She has served the Green Bay area for more than 30 years.
A graduate of the Marquette University School of Dentistry (MUSoD), she received her Certificate in Periodontics and Master of Science Degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry.
Also, Crum received the 2018 WDA Pyramid of Pride Media Relations Award. She is a Fellow in the Pierre Fauchard Academy and a member of the International College of Dentists (ICD) and the American College of Dentists (ACD) as well.
Crum additionally has served on the WDA’s Ethics and Dental Relations, Legislative Advocacy, House Reference, Strategic Planning, Executive, and Long Range Planning committees. And, she has represented the Northeast Region as a trustee on the WDA board since 2014.
Other 2020-2021 leaders sworn in during the meeting include:
- President-elect Dr. Cliff Hartmann: A pediatric dentist in New Berlin, Hartmann is an active staff member at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and teaches in the MUSoD Department of Pediatric Dentistry. He has served on the WDA Committee for the Dental Home Initiative and represented the Southeast Region as a trustee on the WDA board form 2012 to 2018.
- Vice president Dr. Chris Johnson: A general dentist in Eau Claire, Johnson has served as an ADA Ninth District Delegate since 2015 and as a trustee on the WDA board since 2014. He also is a member of the WDA Legislative, Membership Development, and Finance committees. He is an ICD and ACD member and has been an active volunteer in his community and with charitable dental programs such as the WDA Foundation’s Donated Dental Services and Mission of Mercy clinic.
- Immediate past president Dr. Thomas Raimann: A retired dentist from Milwaukee, Raimann is a graduate of MUSoD, where he has served as a volunteer part-time faculty member since 2014. He has been a member of numerous committees and boards at local, state, and national levels, including the Executive, Finance, Long Range Planning, Nominating, and Bylaws committees. He served as a Greater Milwaukee trustee on the WDA board as well from 2007 to 2014.
- Treasurer Dr. John Moser: A Milwaukee resident with a general dental practice in the Historic Third Ward, Moser also is an adjunct professor in the Department of General Dental Sciences at MUSoD. He is a past president of the Greater Milwaukee Dental Association and a former trustee of the Greater Milwaukee Region. He was first appointed by the WDA board to the treasurer’s post in 2007.
- Editor Dr. Ryan Dulde: A general dentist in Eagle, Dulde has completed the second year of a four-year term. He is a MUSoD graduate and served on the WDA Communications Committee for multiple years before serving as chair in 2018. He is a Fellow of the ACD and a member of the Pierre Fauchard Academy as well.
WDA trustees recently re-elected or new to the board include:
- Dr. Eric Childs: A general dentist in Green Bay, Childs was re-elected to represent Region 2-Northeast for his first full three-year term.
- Dr. Kelly West: An endodontist in Mequon, West was elected to represent Region 4-Southeast for her first full term.
- Dr. Tamim Sifri: A general dentist in Madison, Sifri was elected Region 5-Southwest for his first full term.
- Dr. Andrew Smith: A general dentist in Milwaukee, Smith was elected as an at-large trustee for his first full term.
- Mr. Brett Barton: A D3 student at MUSoD, Barton was elected to represent the MUSoD Student Region.