Anesthesia Blamed for Death of Wisdom Tooth Patient



The San Diego man who died as a result of wisdom tooth surgery last March lost his life due to an overdose of anesthesia. The autopsy report confirms that the man was given six different sedatives.

During the oral surgery, the patient started to cough, so he was given a dose of propofol. Subsequently, his oxygen levels dropped, and he was rushed to the hospital, where he passed away.

The dentist who performed the surgery was not available for comment, reports Fox 5 San Diego. The victim’s family is planning to take legal action but is first waiting for a report from the Dental Board of California.

Propofol is no stranger to controversy: the drug made headlines in 2009 as a leading cause in Michael Jackson’s untimely death.