- Calcium release stimulates1* hydroxyapatite and secondary dentin bridge formation2,3
- Alkaline pH promotes healing and apatite formation2,4
- Significant calcium release1 leads to protective seal5,7,8
- Protects and insulates the pulp5,6
- Moisture tolerant1 and radiopaque – can be placed under restorative materials and cements
View the Dental Advisor 3-Year Clinical Performance Report
- A protective liner for use under restorative materials, cements, or other base materials.
- Pulp capping agent: TheraCal LC may be placed directly on the pulpal exposures after hemostasis is obtained. It is indicated for any pulpal exposures, including caries exposures, mechanical exposures or exposures due to trauma.
- Radiopaque properties allow for easy detection on x-rays
- Gandolfi MG, Siboni F, Prati C. Chemical-physical properties of TheraCal, a novel light-curable MTA-like material for pulp capping. Int Endod J. 2012 Jun;45(6):571-9.
- ADA definitions for direct and indirect pulp capping at: http://www.ada.org/en/publications/cdt/glossary-of-dental-clinical-and-administrative-ter.
- Gandolfi MG, Siboni F, Taddei P, Modena E, and Prati C. Apatite-forming ability of TheraCal pulp-capping material, J Dent Res 90 (Spec Iss A):abstract number 2520, 2011 (www.dentalresearch.org).
- Okabe T, Sakamoto M, Takeuchi H, Matsushima K. (2006) Effects of pH on mineralization ability of human dental pulp cells. J Endod 32, 198-201.
- Sangwan P, Sangwan A, Duhan J, Rohilla A. Tertiary dentinogenesis with calcium hydroxide: a review of proposed mechanisms. Int Endod J. 2013; 46(1):3-19
- Savas S, Botsali MS, Kucukyilmaz E, Sari T. Evaluation of temperature changes in the pulp chamber during polymerization of light-cured pulp-capping materials by using a VALO LED light curing unit at different curing distances. Dent Mater J. 2014;33(6):764-9.
- Cantekin K. Bond strength of different restorative materials to light-curable mineral trioxide aggregate. J Clin Pediatr Dent. 2015 Winter;39(2):143-8.
- Nielsen M, Vanderweele R, Casey J, and Vandewalle K, USAF, JBSA-Lackland, TX. Mechanical properties of new dental pulp-capping materials over time. J Dent Res 93(Spec Iss A): 495, 2014 (www.dentalresearch.org).