Registration is now open for the Thomas P. Hinman Dental Meeting, scheduled for March 22-24 at the Georgia World Congress Center (GWCC) in Atlanta. During the 106th annual meeting, dental professionals will be able to earn up to 21 hours of continuing education (CE) from a roster of nearly 300 courses and workshops presented by 80 speakers.
“We expect a great turnout this year with dental professionals taking advantage of our world-class educational program, face to face networking opportunities, and unsurpassed Southern hospitality,” said Patrick Yancey III, DMD, general chairman of Hinman 2018. “Attendees can expect to discover 31 new speakers, as well as some of the profession’s favorites, and leave the meeting truly inspired to return to their practice and provide great dentistry to their patients.”
Attendees can secure their courses and events online at hinman.org. They also can take advantage of lower fees by registering before February 22, 2018. This year, the meeting has added several new and in-depth sessions to its CE lineup, including:
- Understanding the Concepts of Endodontics: A Hands-On Workshop (Fr119): Ralan Wong, DDS, Friday, March 23, 9 am to 4 pm (one-hour lunch break)
- Introduction to Implant Dentistry: Hands-On Placement with Models (Sa147): Michael Pruett, MD, Friday, March 23, 8 am to 5 pm (one-hour lunch break)
- Women and Their Money: A Road to Retirement (Sa366): Ms. Megan Brinsfield with Motley Fool Wealth Management, Saturday, March 24, 9 am to 12 pm
- Maximizing Pediatric Airways with Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (Sa276): Erik Bauer, MD, Steve Goudy, MD, Michael Sebastian, DMD, Saturday, March 24, 8 to 11:30 am
In the Exhibit Hall, nearly 400 companies will showcase new technology, equipment, products, and services, in addition to “Free Advice” booths where Hinman members will provide guidance on a number of hot, relevant topics. Meanwhile, social events including alumni and networking sessions will include:
- James Farmer Book Signing & Coffee: Bestselling author, Southern Living editor-at-large and professional garden, floral, and interior designer James Farmer will speak and sign his newest book, A Place to Call Home on Thursday, March 22 from 10:30 am to 12 pm (fee $25).
- Opening Keynote Session: World-renowned forensic pathologist Bennet Omalu, MD, MBA, MPH, CPE, will speak at the Keynote Session on Thursday, March 22 from 5:30 to 7 pm.
- Hinman Luncheon with Roland Mesnier: Hosted at the Capital City Club, Roland Mesnier will share stories from his time in the White House. He was hired in 1979 by First Lady Rosalyn Carter and served as executive pastry chef under five presidents over 26 years. The luncheon will be on Friday, March 23 from 11:45 am to 1:45 pm (fee $70).
- Dental Student Happy Hour: Dental students are invited to a happy hour in the Hinman Hoops area of the Exhibit Hall to kick off Friday evening, March 23, from 4 to 5 pm. Attendees can enter to win prizes and receive two free drinks (fee: free to registered dental students who pre-register for the event).
- Hinman’s Night Out at the Georgia Aquarium: Hinman takes over the Georgia Aquarium and invites all registered dental professionals to the masquerade-themed event on Friday, March 23 from 7 to 10:30 pm (fee: $40 for registered attendees with a reduced price of $20 for students and residents).
- Atlanta History Center and Swan House Tour: Tour 33 acres of award-winning exhibitions, historic houses, enchanting gardens, interactive activities, and a docent-led tour of the historic swan house on Saturday, March 24 from 10:30 am to 2 pm. Transportation provided (fee: $40).
Puskas Named Chair of Hinman 2017
Hinman Highlight: Astronaut/Physician Addresses Dental Teams
Common Red Flags for Continuing Education in Dental Sleep Medicine