The 2018 Global Implantology Summit, scheduled for November 1-3 at the Morongo Casino Resort in Cabazon, Calif, will feature more than 50 speakers tackling a variety of clinical and professional topics. Attendees will be able to earn up to 24 continuing education credits.
“More than 120 million Americans have at least one missing tooth. This number is projected to increase to 200 million over the next 15 years and is more staggering when we include the other countries worldwide. Yet there is a shortage of qualified clinicians to render care for these patients,” said Kianor Shah, DMD, MBA, of the Impantology Global Institute.
“After attending countless courses and meetings to gain the knowledge and expertise necessary to place dental implants competently and confidently, we decided to create a program that caters to general practitioners while also catering to specialists around the world—at one venue,” Shah said.
Several Dentistry Today authors are on the roster, including:
- Delia Tuttle, DDS, MD, who will address the gum drop technique
- Gregori Kurtzman, DDS, who will provide the restorative perspective
- Rico Short, DMD, MS, who will offer the endodontic perspective
- Scott D. Ganz, DDS, MS, who will explore interactive 3-D imaging
- Richard Miron, DDS, MSc, PhD, who will discuss bone regeneration
“Whether you’re placing implants, restoring implants, are part of the support staff, or involved with the laboratory aspects of treatment, this meeting will expand your knowledge and skills and improve the scope of your practice,” said Shah.