More than 120 million Americans are missing one or more teeth, and 35 million to 36 million are missing all of their teeth in one or both jaws, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. And that means plenty of opportunity for dentists to celebrate Dental Implant Month this August, as designated by the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID).
The AAID provides information to those who are missing teeth about the various treatment options that are available. The organization comprises dental implant experts who can provide surgical, restorative, or both phases of treatment. Its members will be hosting events and activities in their communities for those who are interested in learning more about their options in replacing missing teeth in August.
Meanwhile, the AAID is offering a free toolkit to dentists who want to get involved in Dental Implant Month and promote awareness among their patients. It includes:
- A checklist of ways dentists can celebrate Implant Awareness Month;
- Copies of AAID’s patient brochures: “Missing Teeth?” “Missing Bone?” and “Dental Implant Options”;
- An AAID member or credentialed member decal for display;
- A supply of Dental Implant Month logo stickers for use on outgoing paperwork;
- Answer keys for the AAID’s Dental Implant Month puzzles;
- An AAID implant pen.
Online resources for promotion include:
- A checklist of ideas for outreach, activities, and promotions;
- Use of AAID’s logo and guidelines for advertising;
- Printable crossword and word jumble puzzles to give to patients;
- Print-ready 8-x-10-inch dental implant poster;
- Animated patient education videos;
- A Dental Implant Month web banner for websites and newsletters;
- Press release templates for use in advertising in local media.