The survey ― a nationally representative survey of 5,682 adults to study knowledge, attitudes, experiences, and behaviors related to oral health ― uncovered valuable and worrying insights about the state of oral health in the U.S.
During this virtual panel, three researchers behind the work will dive into the findings to explore how oral health has changed in the last year and share data on the challenges faced by many populations (e.g., individuals of color, uninsured, and veterans) when trying to access oral health. They’ll also share what surprised them about the research and highlight opportunities to close the equity gap.
The researchers will be joined by leading oral health advocate — OPEN Network Executive Director Ifetayo Johnson — to discuss how the research will shape work in the industry in the months ahead.
- Eric Tranby, PhD, Director of Analytics and Data Insights, CareQuest Institute for Oral Health
- Madhuli Thakkar-Samtani, BDS, MPH, Manager, Research and Analytics, CareQuest Institute for Oral Health
- Adrianna Sonnek, MPH, Research Analyst, CareQuest Institute for Oral Health
- Ifetayo B. Johnson, Executive Director, The Oral Health Progress and Equity Network
- How’s America’s Oral Health? Barriers to Care, Common Problems, and Ongoing Inequity
- Thursday, June 16, 2022 – 1:00 PM
ABOUT CAREQUEST INSTITUTE FOR ORAL HEALTH
CareQuest Institute for Oral Health is a national nonprofit championing a more equitable future where every person can reach their full potential through excellent health.
We do this through our work in grantmaking, research, health improvement programs, policy and advocacy, and education as well as our leadership in dental benefits and innovation advancements. We collaborate with thought leaders, health care providers, patients, and local, state, and federal stakeholders, to accelerate oral health care transformation and create a system designed for everyone.