If you don’t know something, you probably “Google it,” right? People use Google to figure out all sorts of information — like how late that new restaurant in town stays open or even what dental practices are nearby. If you’re not utilizing Google My Business for your dental practice, you could be missing out on attracting new patients.
What is Google My Business?
A Google My Business account is what shows up when people search for you on the popular search engine. This service is free, and can make all the difference for businesses of all sizes when it comes to marketing and attracting new patients. However, simply having a Google My Business (GMB) page is not enough. You have to know how to use it and how to optimize it to get the best results out of it.
Why Google My Business is Important
In today’s day and age, a GMB page cannot be considered optional. If a patient wants to know your current way of operating in the midst of the pandemic, or if your hours have changed, they’re not going to open up the phonebook and call you. Rather, they’ll do a quick Google search for the most up-to-date information. Forbes explains that the reason a GMB is so important is because it can:
- Single-handedly improve how you rank on search engines.
- Set an immediate first impression for potential patients who search and your essential info listed on the right-hand side of the interface.
- Integrate with Google Maps, meaning it’s easier for your patients to get to you on the world’s most widely used mobile map and directions app.
- Give patients an option to message you directly via the interface.
- Show patients your current reviews from your patients, giving your business credibility that’s easier to see than on Yelp or other review-based sites.
How to Optimize Your GMB Page
Now that you know how crucial it can be for your business to run a GMB page, let’s discuss how to optimize it. It’s not enough to only have a profile created, you have to care for it, too. To better optimize your GMB page, follow these tips:
- Fill out your entire GMB profile. You should be giving Google as much information as possible about your business to make it easier for them to match you to customer searches. This will help you appear higher up on a search if someone is looking for a dentist that offers the services you do.
- Add photos. Share photos of your office, team, services, products, and more. This will help patients get an inside look to your practice and put them more at ease with visiting you. When a profile has no photos, it can often give potential customers a weird feeling. Show off your brand!
- Post news, updates, and offers. On GMB, you can easily create posts to show off new products, before-and-after photos, current offers, and more. This will help keep your profile fresh and let searchers know that you’re still in business because you are posting regularly.
- Encourage your current patients to write a review. People want to go to a place they know others have experienced and loved. A good review can do more for getting patients in your door than other marketing techniques. Further, this will also improve your search engine optimization (SEO).
Attract New Patients with GMB
If you don’t already keep your Google My Business page updated, it’s time to start. Following these tips can help get new patients in your door by keeping you relevant on Google, the world’s most widely-used search engine site. Don’t wait any longer — create your GMB profile today… It’s free!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr. Catalina Botero (her patient’s call her Dr. Cat) was born and raised in Medellin, Colombia. First receiving a dental degree in Colombia, she then moved to the United States to be closer to family. After moving to Florida, she first worked as a dental assistant, later on obtaining her license as a registered dental hygienist. Two years later, Dr. Cat went to the University of Colorado where she received her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree. This means Dr. Cat has two different dental degrees from two different countries, and on top of that, is a registered certified dental hygienist. Dr. Cat now lives in the Tampa Bay Area maintaining her practice Li’l Sunshine Smiles Dentistry and is grateful to have the opportunity to work with kids everyday.
Value Every Patient’s Experience
Use SEO to Help Your Dental Practice Grow
How to Improve Your Dental Website’s Local Ranking on Google Maps