The American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA) installed Matt Crespin, MPH, RDH, of New Berlin, Wisconsin, as its president along with its other officers for 2019 and 2020 during its House of Delegates meeting on June 25.
“It is time that we take the necessary steps to address how our organization is governed to ensure that we appropriately represent the profession,” said Crespin. “I want to continue to see an even higher level of engagement of our membership beyond our elected leaders, delegates, and committee members. People want to be a part of something bigger, and being involved and engaging is one way to get that feeling.”
An ADHA member since his graduation in 2002, Crespin has served the organization in a range of positions, including most recently as president-elect and previously as vice president. The Wisconsin Dental Hygienists’ Association honored him with the Carol Benson Award for Distinguished Service to Dental Hygiene in 2016.
Crespin holds a BS in health sciences/dental hygiene from Marquette University and received his Community Dental Health Certificate from Northeast Wisconsin Technical College in 2007. He received his MPH from AT Still University in 2010. Currently, he is associate director of Children’s Health Alliance of Wisconsin, which is associated with the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
During the meeting, the ADHA also installed Lisa Moravec, RDH, MSDH, of Scottsbluff, Nebraska, as president-elect; Sharlee Burch, RDH, MPH, EdD, of Lexington, Kentucky, as vice president; and Chadleo Webb, RDH, MDH, of Hilliard, Ohio, as treasurer.
Newly installed district trustees for 2019-2020 include Jane Crocker, RDH, of Baldwinville, Massachusetts, District I; Elizabeth Tronolone, RDH, BS, MOL, of Sylvania, Ohio, District V; and Lynda Bean, RDH, BSDH, of Salado, Texas, District IX.
District trustees returning in 2019-2020 include:
- Donna Lee Hickey, RDH, of Bethpage, New York, District II
- Dawn Ann Dean, RDH, MSDH, of Wheeling, West Virginia, District III
- Becky Smith, CRDH, EdD, or Miami, Florida, District IV
- Danielle Victoriano, RDH, BS, MHS, of Slidell, Louisiana, District VI
- Rachelle Gustafson, RDH, of Thompson, North Dakota, District VII
- Erin Haley-Hitz, RDH, MS, PhRDH, Om, of Lincoln, Nebraska, District VIII
- Crystal Spring, RDH, BS, of Bozeman, Montana, District X
- Trinity Cleveland, RDH, of Chandler, Arizona, District XI
- Annette Lincicome, RDH, MSDH, of Las Vegas, Nevada, District XII