Dental school only gets you so far. There are some things that you won’t learn until you start practicing in the real world. To help shorten this learning curve, the Chicago Midwinter Meeting presents The Basics Express: Things They Didn’t Teach You in Dental School on Friday, February 24. This day-long series of 7 free hour-long lectures will cover clinical and practice management issues alike, with each session available for one continuing education credit. The program will include the following:
- Get Out There, Be Your Own Boss by Monica Borris, DDS. Learn about the first steps that successful dentists take as they transition from the academic world to owning their own practices, based on real-life experience.
- Dentistry Is a Business and You’re the Team Leader by consultant Laci Phillips. Explore 5 tools that will help you hire and lead the team that will staff your practice, following a proven blueprint to success.
- Crown Preps Made Simple: Foolproof Technique for All Practitioners by Michael DiTolla, DDS. Discover a technique that ensures adequate reduction for all material types and preps the gingival margin for excellent results with minimal effort.
- Indispensable Restorative Dental Materials by Alan Boghosian, DDS. Determining how a dental material will perform can be a challenge. Learn which ones can be used to enhance restorative success and achieve stable, long-term results.
- Preparing for Private Practice: Own Your Practice, Own Your Future by Peter Ackerman, CPA, CVA. Review the complicated world of practice ownership, including associateships, valuation theories, transition models, avoidable mistakes, and more.
- A Guide to Avoiding Surgical Minefields for New Practitioners by Thomas Borris, DDS. As new dentists start practicing, they might want to avoid particular procedures and keep in mind common pitfalls of other treatment.
- Discovering Implant Dentistry: What Tools and Screws Mean Success for You by Monica Borris, DDS. As implants play a greater role in general dentistry, learn how it can be seamlessly and successfully added to your practice.