Sir Richard Branson will deliver the keynote address at Dentsply Sirona’s SIROWORLD: the Ultimate Dental Meeting, scheduled for August 11 through August 13 at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort in Orlando. And he’s just one of many luminaries who will be speaking at the meeting.
As the founder of the Virgin Group, Branson is on the Forbes “World’s Billionaires” list. He is expected to engage the SIROWORLD audience with his tale of success, technological innovations, philanthropic efforts, and the conflicts and triumphs of his journey.
“His remarkable business acumen, noteworthy philanthropic endeavors, and magnetic personality will surely inspire event-goers and leave a lasting impression,” said Michael Augins, Dentsply Sirona’s group senior vice president for the United States.
The Virgin Group comprises hundreds of subsidiaries in more than 50 countries, from Virgin Records, which Branson launched in the 1970s, to Virgin Unite, established in 2004 to tackle social and environmental issues. Last week, Virgin Galactic unveiled its VSS Unity spacecraft.
Branson won’t be the only speaker with an eye on innovative technology, though. Other guests lined up for the meeting include experts in CAD/CAM, 3-D imaging, CBCT, and CEREC digital dentistry systems. These leaders include:
- Tarun Agarwal, DDS: Dr. Agarwal is a nationally known lecturer in aesthetic and restorative dentistry. He also is the founder of 3D Dentists and a full-time general practitioner.
- August de Oliveira, DDS: The author of a pair of implant surgery books, Dr. de Oliveira lectures internationally on implants, 3-D CBCT imaging and guided surgery, and CAD/CAM.
- Todd Ehrlich, DDS: Dr. Ehrlich lectures extensively on advanced, high-tech dental products including dental CAD/CAM systems and 3-D imaging. He also is with the digital magazine, Digital Enamel.
- Chris Farrugia, DDS: Dr. Farrugia is a national speaker, teacher, and recognized leader in digital dentistry. He trains dentists and other healthcare professionals throughout the country to advance their knowledge of digital imaging.
- Arun Garg, DMD: Dr. Garg is the current president of the International Dental Implant Association and editor in chief of Dental Implantology Update. He also serves on the editorial boards of other leading journals. Previously, he was a full-time professor of surgery in the division of oral and maxillofacial surgery at the University of Miami School of Medicine and director of the residency training program.
- Neal Patel, DDS: As part of an international lecture circuit, Dr. Patel teaches advanced digitization in dentistry, CBCT, its current and future applications, and dental practice management.
- Sameer Puri, DDS: Dr. Puri, a certified trainer and educator on CEREC proficiency, is the director of CAD/CAM at the Scottsdale Center for Dentistry and the founder of cerecdoctors.com.
- Jay Reznick, DMD, MD: Dr. Reznick is a diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, specializing in facial trauma, jaw and oral pathology, dental implantology, sleep disorder medicine, laser surgery, and jaw deformities.
- Mike Skramstad, DDS: Dr. Skramstad is a faculty member at cerecdoctors.com. He performs all aspects of cosmetic, implant, and family dentistry, with a particular focus on aesthetic and CAD/CAM computerized dentistry. He also is the co-founder and moderator of the Minnesota CEREC Continuum, a statewide study club for computerized dentistry.
- Don Tyndall, DDS, MSPH, PhD: Dr. Tyndall is a professor in the department of diagnostic sciences and general dentistry at the University of North Carolina School of Dentistry. His research interests include 3-D digital imaging, implant radiology, CBCT applications, and the use of computers in image processing.
Additional speakers and education session information will be announced as they become available.
“SIROWORLD speakers are selected for their fresh and innovative ideas,” said Dr. Michael DiTolla, director of clinical affairs at Dentsply Sirona. “We want to provide our attendees with new and state-of-the-art clinical education while connecting them with elite thought leaders from extensive scientific and medical backgrounds.”
Pricing for SIROWORLD depends on registration date and type. As part of the Super Early Bird Special, available until March 31, doctor registration is $1,495 (regularly $1,195) and dental technician, staff, spouse, or guest registration in $895 (regularly $1,195). For a limited time, technician, staff, spouse, or guest registration is buy 2, get one free.
VIP tickets also are available. Super Early Bird Specials start at $1,195 (regularly $2,495) for doctor registration and $1,395 (regularly $1,695) for staff, spouse, or guest registration. VIP tickets include reserved seating and upgraded dining options as well as special admission to SIROWORLD entertainment events.
For more information, call (844) GO2-SIRO (844-462-7476) or visit siroworld.com.
Sirona Announces SIROWORLD: An Exclusive Community for Digital Dentistry Professionals
Sirona’s Transcendental Treatment Centers Make United States Debut