Dentists looking for new gear and professional development while helping a worthy cause can go on the Web between November 3 and November 15 to check out the third annual Virtual ToothFairy Ball and Online Auction, presented by America’s ToothFairy: National Children’s Oral Health Foundation.
“At the Virtual ToothFairy Ball and Online Auction, dental practices can access great deals on top dental equipment and products, while also supporting vital oral health education and care for underserved children,” said Fern Ingber, America’s ToothFairy president and CEO. “We hope all dental practices will participate so that more children can be rescued from the pain of untreated tooth decay.”
Thanks to the event’s underwriters, 100% of the proceeds will be allocated directly to oral health education and treatment programs for children in need. Potential bidders can preview available auction items at americastoothfairyball.org, with new items added each week until November 3. Available items will include:
- A day with Dr. Gordon Christensen, including a private personalized course and lunch
- iChiropro from Bien-Air Dental
- Pentamix Lite Automatic Mixing Unit from 3M Oral Care
- Paradigm DeepCure Curing Light and Elipar DeepCure-S Curing Light from 3M Oral Care
- Invisalign Lab Fee Vouchers
- Mocom B Futura Sterilizer from Patterson Dental Supply
- Pioneer Elite Laser from Patterson Dental Supply
- Patterson LED Plus Curing Light from Patterson Dental Supply
- Ritter M3 UltraFast Automatic Sterilizer from Midmark
- SmartLite Focus Curing Unit from Dentsply Sirona
- Midwest E Electric Handpiece System from Dentsply Sirona
- SmartLite Focus Pen Style LED Curing Light from Dentsply Sirona
- Midwest Automate System from Dentsply Sirona
- Cavitron Plus Ultrasonic Scaler from Dentsply Sirona
- STATIM G4 Autoclave from SciCan
- Capsule Mixer CM-II from GC America
- Midwest RDH Freedom Premium Kit
- NOMAD Handheld X-Ray Unit from KaVo Kerr
- Handpieces from KaVo Kerr
- Products from 3M Oral Care, Centrix, Dentsply Sirona, DMG America, Dr. John’s Candy, GC America, GumChucks, Healthy Chocolate Florida, KaVo Kerr Group, Mydent International, Pac-Dent International, Septodont, Shofu Dental, and Whip Mix.
Corporations and individuals also can support America’s ToothFairy by sponsoring “virtual tables” at the $10,000 Diamond Star or $5,000 Gold Star levels. All sponsors will have a ToothFairy Grant awarded in their name to a member of the America’s ToothFairy Affiliate Network, a collaborative alliance of nonprofit clinics and programs serving vulnerable children.
During the last 2 years, dozens of ToothFairy Grants have been distributed to nonprofit clinics to expand delivery of preventive services and treatment from coast to coast, including America’s ToothFairy Oral Health Zones—program concentration areas focused on expanding access to care and education in specific locales. Last year’s sponsors provided $127,000.
“America’s ToothFairy is proud to honor these caring companies and individuals by awarding ToothFairy Grants in their name,” said Ingber. “Their generous contributions are enabling America’s ToothFairy to continue to expand its mission to ensure every child has access to vital oral health services and education.”
Diamond Star Sponsors for this year’s event include Dr. Gordon Christensen, Henry Schein, Invsialign, Mr. James Ingebrand, Thomas and JoAnn Prescott, and TSC EcoSolutions. Gold Star Sponsors include the Benco Family Foundation; Cetylite; Dentsply Sirona; Dr. Cherilyn Sheets and Mark Moehlman; Fern Ingber; Henk van Duijnhoven; IQ Dental; Sheets, Paquette & Wu Dental Practice; Patterson Dental; Steve Fletcher; and Ultradent Products.