The Delta Dental Community Care Foundation has awarded a $50,000 grant to the University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV) School of Dental Medicine to support its Saturday Morning Community Clinics, which provide care to underinsured and uninsured populations throughout Southern Nevada. The program will be renamed the UNLV Delta Dental Saturday Morning Community Clinics for the duration of 2019.
The grant will support the program’s purchase of dental supplies such as crowns and bridges. It also will be applied to treatment and procedure costs. The UNLV Delta Dental Saturday Morning Community Clinics, which run 10 months out of each year, contribute to the dental school’s nearly 60,000 patient visits and $1 million in free services provided annually to the underserved. These clinics include:
- The Sgt. Clint Ferrin Memorial Clinic, which has served more than 1,750 veterans since 2007
- The Homeless Adult and Teen Clinic, which provides dental treatment to more than 100 at-risk youth and 100 homeless adults each year
- The UNLV Absolute Dental Saturday Morning Children’s Clinic, which provides nearly $200,000 in free care each year to children age 5 to 12
- The Women’s Clinic, which has provided more than $100,000 in free care to nearly 350 women since 2010
- Seal Nevada South, which has provided more than $170,000 of care to more than 25,000 Clark County elementary school students since 2002