The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) awarded its 2016 APEX Scholarship to 11 promising dental students, enabling them to attend the 32nd Annual AACD Scientific Session in Toronto, Canada, last month, The award covered their tuition, airfare, lodging, and AACD membership for a year.
“Attending the AACD Scientific Session as a student sets you apart. This is an amazing opportunity to learn and network with the world’s best cosmetic dentists,” said recipient Matt Ansaro of New York University. “I had an amazing experience in Toronto. I’m looking forward to being involved with the AACD for many years to come.”
Students were selected based on their demonstrated academic achievement and their understanding of and commitment to the future of cosmetic dentistry. The scholarships were sponsored by Mickey Bernstein, DDS; Hugh Flax, DDS; John K. Sullivan, DDS; Ivoclar Vivadent; and R-dent Dental Laboratory.
In addition to Ansaro, the winners included:
- Eva Bici, University of Illinois Chicago
- Brooklin Byrd, University of Tennessee
- Mahmoud Farhat, University of Michigan
- S. Hussain Haider, University of Michigan
- Melanie Hoffman, Marquette University
- Roshan Jain, University of Michigan
- Alex Maldonado, Columbia University
- Rebekkah Merrell, University of Pennsylvania
- Francesca Pietri, Nova Southeastern University
- Christopher Ricker, Medical University of South Carolina