“We are excited to announce the release of exoplan 3.0 Galway and enthused about the new possibilities it presents for guided surgery,” said Tillmann Steinbrecher, exocad CEO.
“Exoplan 3.0 Galway will provide dental practices and laboratories with a digital workflow that offers maximum flexibility and builds on exocad’s mission to make CAD design as easy as using an app on a cell phone,” Steinbrecher said.
The update is a powerful, open, and efficient software package for virtual implant planning, exocad said. Customized surgical guides can be designed using the Guide Creator software module and produced on site in a laboratory, dental practice, or external production center.
The software comes in a new, modern user interface, exocad said, inspired by the Google Material Design system.
With more than 40 new features and enhancements to more than 60 existing functionalities, the Galway release represents a major expansion of capabilities in guided surgery and improved integration with DentalCAD, exocad’s dental CAD software, the company said.
- Planning of edentulous cases and design of the respective surgical guides, including necessary tools, such as dual scan protocol, anchor pin placement, and fixation guide
- Surgical and fixation guides can be freely designed or based on a prosthesis scan
- New tools to speed up the entire planning process
- Improved implant selection dialog
- Automatic panoramic curve detection
- More implant libraries, now with more than 500 implant systems and more than 8,500 implants from more than 80 manufacturers
- Virtual tooth extraction on optical scans
- Possibility to easily mark sinus cavity and check if implants are intruding
All exocad solutions are based on the same technical platform with an open architecture, ensuring the seamless functionality of the digital workflow from virtual prosthesis-oriented implant planning with exoplan and designing surgical guides with Guide Creator to planning and producing the implant-supported, temporary, and final restorations with DentalCAD, exocad’s dental CAD software, according to the company.
“As the world’s premier OEM supplier of dental CAD software, we provide the symbiosis of prosthetic and implant planning,” said Steinbrecher. “Users can achieve predictable results in a cost and time-efficient manner, which can ultimately result in increased customer satisfaction.”
Exoplan 3.0 Galway is now available in the European Union and other select markets.