Now that it has CE mark approval, Orofacial Therapeutics can initiate marketing efforts and commercialization of its QuickSplint interim oral appliance in Europe. The QuickSplint is the only oral appliance that can be fabricated quickly and easily in the dental practice, the company reports. It also is the only oral appliance designed for short-term use of up to 2 to 4 weeks, according to Orofacial Therapeutics.
“QuickSplint, for me, has so many functions in my general practice,” said Lee Ann Brady, DMD. “I use it all the time. It’s a quick, easy, inexpensive device—a practice builder, a patient rapport builder, and a great service to be able to offer our patients.”
A Dentistry Today Reader’s Choice Top 100 Product for 2017, QuickSplint is designed to enable dentists to offer patients an immediate temporary solution for pain and protection, including:
- Same-day treatment for acute jaw pain and orofacial pain
- Diagnostic aid for bruxism
- Postoperative healing aid after periodontal surgery, oral surgery, and long dental procedures
- Postoperative temporary protection for anterior provisional veneers, newly placed implants, endodontically treated teeth, and new dental restorations
- Anterior bite-plane/deprogrammer
- Transitional or emergency oral appliance.