James Nickman, DDS, MS, a pediatric dentist at Metropolitan Pediatric Dental Associates and associate clinical professor at the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, has been installed as president of the Minnesota Dental Association (MDA) for the 2020-2021 term at the association’s annual House of Delegates meeting.
Nickman currently serves as chair of the Minnesota Dental Political Action Committee and is a member of the MDA’s Barriers to Care Committee, Legislative Affairs Committee, and Minnesota Mission of Mercy Committee. Also, Nickman is:
- A Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- A member of the Pierre Fauchard Academy
- A fellow in the American College of Dentists
- A fellow in the International College of Dentists
- A trustee and past president of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- A past president of the Minnesota Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
Nickman takes an active role in charitable dental activities as well, volunteering his time and services to the Minnesota Mission of Mercy and Healthy Smiles Healthy Children Foundation Dental Home Day.
A 1997 graduate of the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Nickman obtained a master of science degree in pediatric dentistry from the University of Minnesota in 1999.