The winners of the Smile Awards 2016 were announced during the 3rd International Expert Symposium hosted by Ivoclar Vivadent in Madrid. With 9 finalist teams representing 3 worldwide regions, the competition recognizes aesthetic dental cases solved with the IPS e.max all-ceramic system.
In Region Asia-Pacific, the winners were:
- First place: Dr. Tetsuya Uchiyama and Michiro Manaka of Japan;
- Second place: Dr. Jineel Ham and Ha Seong Yoo of Korea;
- Third place: Dr. Baijun Sun and Benhui Du of China.
In Region Europe-Middle East-Africa, the winners were:
- First place: Professor Dr. Petra Gierthmühlen and Udo Plaster, MDT, of Germany;
- Second place: Dr. Ferran Llansana and Juan Sampol Reus of Spain;
- Third place: Dr. Anna Giorgadze and Ilias Psarris of Greece.
In Region North and South America, the winners were:
- First place: Dr. Luis R. Sanchez Ramirez and Alen Alić of the United States;
- Second place: Dr. Gabriela M. Pappaterra Torbay and Libardo García Tolosa of Colombia;
- Third place: C. D. Lucio A. Quevedo Hernández and Ramón A. Sánchez Hernández of Mexico.
“Each team gave its best to strike a perfect balance between form and function,” said Dr. Sidney Kina, a member of the judging panel. “I can feel a passion for dentistry in all the photos.”