Henry Schein has partnered with CH Robinson and the CH Robinson Foundation to donate more than 2.5 million personal protective equipment (PPE) and infection control items through Henry Schein Cares, the company’s social responsibility program, to enhance the safety of frontline healthcare workers in Brazil and India as they combat the recent surge in COVID-19 cases.
The recipients in India currently include the Baptist Hospital in Bangalore, LNJP Hospital in New Delhi, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Dehli, Deenanth Mangeshkar Hospital in Pune, Nair Hospital in Mumbai, and the State of Maharashtra. In Brazil, items will be distributed to healthcare workers in Rio de Janeiro and the State of Sergipe.
“It is critical that we help combat the rise in COVID-19 cases in Brazil and India, where the outbreak is particularly severe,” said Stanley M. Bergman, chairman of the board and CEO of Henry Schein. “Together with our NGO partners, we will continue the urgent task of enhancing the safety of the heroic healthcare professionals caring for patients battling the COVID-19 virus.”
Henry Schein’s NGO partners in this effort include:
- Direct Relief is a humanitarian aid organization active in all 50 states and more than 80 countries with a mission to improve the health and lives of people affected by poverty or emergencies without regard to politics, religion, or ability to pay.
- Heart to Heart International is a global humanitarian organization that improves access to health and responds to the needs of people affected by disasters worldwide.
- IsraAID is an Israel-based NGO that responds to emergencies all over the world with targeted humanitarian help.
- MAP International is a nonprofit humanitarian organization providing medicines and health supplies to millions of people worldwide so they might experience life to the fullest.
- Project HOPE is a global health and humanitarian relief organization committed to placing power in the hands of local healthcare workers to save lives across the globe.
Tuckson Elected to Henry Schein Board of Directors
Henry Schein Donates $3.6 Million Worth of PPE to International College of Dentists
Henry Schein Outlines Environmental, Social, and Governance Goals