– The Organization for Safety, Asepsis and Prevention (OSAP), the advocate for The Safest Dental Visit™, announces a call for research and best practice abstracts to be presented during the OSAP Annual Infection Control Symposium in Baltimore, Maryland, on May 28-30, 2015. All submissions must be received at the OSAP office no later than 11:59 pm on Friday, April 24, 2015. The abstract submission form is available at http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.osap.org/resource/resmgr/Symposium_2015/OSAP_2015_Call_for_Abstracts.pdf or at www.osap.org.
The objective of the call for abstracts is to advance development of OSAP’s dental infection prevention and patient/provider research and good clinical practice agenda across international boundaries, specifically related to:
- highlighting standards and guidelines used by international OSAP partners for the prevention and control of healthcare-associated infections among dental patients,
- prevention and control of occupationally acquired injuries and infectious disease among dental healthcare personnel,
- providing a forum for the exchange of teaching and training experiences and resources,
- encouraging research and innovation in dental infection prevention, and
- showcasing good clinical practices (case studies).
Applicants will be notified of acceptance by Tuesday, April 28, 2015. All accepted applicants will receive a discount to participate in the OSAP Symposium.
The annual OSAP Symposium is the premier infection control education and networking event in the dental industry. Nationally and internationally known experts discuss current and emerging issues relating to infection prevention and safety in oral healthcare settings, and provide attendees with essential resources, valuable tools, and new approaches for better protecting patients and staff. Call 800- 298-OSAP (6727) or 410-571-0003 or visit www.osap.org for symposium registration information.
Celebrating over 30 years of service to the worldwide dental community, OSAP is a growing community of clinicians, educators, students, policy-makers, and industry representatives who advocate for safe and infection-free delivery of oral healthcare. OSAP focuses on strategies to improve compliance with safe practices and on building a strong network of recognized infection control experts. OSAP offers an extensive online collection of resources, publications, FAQs, checklists and toolkits to help dental professionals ensure that every visit is The Safest Dental Visit™ for patients and the dental team.