This Friday kicks off Bid for Smiles, a week-long online auction that will help America’s ToothFairy increase access to dental care for children in underserved communities. Dental practices are invited to register at bidforsmiles.org to bid on dental products and equipment with starting bids set at a 50% discount.
“The COVID shutdown has made life more difficult for all businesses, but especially for dental offices,” said Jill Malmgren, executive director of America’s ToothFairy. “The savings that we’re offering will not only help practices operate during this uncertain time, but their participation will also help our nonprofit program members who are struggling to serve families in financial crisis.”
Bid for Smiles raises funds safely online to provide aid to these organizations, America’s ToothFairy said. Thanks to the support of Kleer, the nonprofit added, 100% of the proceeds will benefit the cause. Most items up for bid include discounts of up to 50% off retail prices, including:
- The Paradigm Deep Cure Curing Light donated by 3M Oral Care
- The Tornado X LK Air Turbine donated by Bien-Air
- The Dentapen Electronic Syringe donated by Septodont
- The Easyshade V Digital Shade Taking Device donated by VITA North America
- An assortment of products from GC America including MI Paste and Fuji Automix
- Level 3 masks, iSmile Take Home Kits, an Apple Watch, and more
Additional items are still being accepted and added daily. The auction will run from September 18 through September 25. To register as a bidder, visit bidforsmiles.org. To become a sponsor or donate an auction item, contact Malmgren at email@example.com or call (704) 965-2070.