The Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) House of Delegates installed new officers during its annual meeting, held virtually this year, from October 23 to October 25. Bruce L. Cassis, DDS, a general dentist from Fayetteville, West Virginia, was named president.
“We must funnel our efforts and resources to bring AGD to the height of relevance in organized dentistry and, most importantly, to our members and potential members,” said Cassis. “As an organization with a mission, we must reach consensus and move forward with a sense of urgency.”
As president, Cassis wants to strengthen AGD’s governance and improve its decision-making process to expedite responses and outcomes on AGD business. He previously served as chair of the membership and communications councils and has a strong understanding of the products and services that general dentists value, AGD said.
Also during the meeting, Hans Guter, DDS, was elected vice president, Donald Worm, DDS, was elected treasurer, and Timothy F. Kosinski, DDS, was elected editor.
Other members of the 2020-2021 Executive Committee include Gerald J. Botko, DMD, as president-elect; Abe Dyzenhaus, DDS, as secretary; Bryan C. Edgar, DDS, as speaker of the house; and Connie L. White, DDS, as immediate past president.
Regional election outcomes included:
- Region 5: Eric L. Morse, DDS, as regional director, and Nicholas J. Russo, DMD, as trustee
- Region 6: Steven Ghareeb, DDS, as regional director, and Samantha Shaver, DDS, as trustee
- Region 7: Aparna Sadineni, DDS, as regional director, and Michael Gordon, DDS, as trustee
- Region 8: Larry N. Williams, DDS, as regional director, and Robert S. Kozelka, DDS, as trustee
- Region 9: Louis Boryc, DDS, as regional director, and Dennis Charnesky, DDS, as trustee
- Region 10: Thomas St. Germain, DDS, as regional director, and Bradley J. Anderson, DDS, as trustee
- Region 11: Puneet Aulakh, DDS, as regional director, and Ravi Sinha, DDS, as trustee
Byrd Named Inaugural Volpe Research Scholar
ADA Elects and Installs New Officers During 2020 Meeting
AAOMS Names Dr. BD Tiner President