The American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA) will present the All-Virtual Dental Hygiene Leadership Summit on January 15 and 16, 2021, for dental hygienists who are facing significant challenges and changes in their professional roles.
The summit will focus on oral healthcare issues that have emerged during the COVID-19 pandemic, ADHA said, in an effort to turn uncertainty into opportunity. Topics will include:
- Overcoming obstacles and getting on the right path to safe dentistry
- The latest research, symptoms, and EVALI treatment around smoking nicotine, marijuana, e-cigarettes, and vaping
- Becoming an advocate for patients and the dental care team
- The added importance of leadership during a pandemic
- Lessons learned from COVID-19 and how to best respond to a global health crisis
- Utilizing emotional intelligence to redefine goals and achieve career and self-fulfillment
- Implementing recent clinical compliance changes into a sustainable program
These panel-led discussions will provide an opportunity for attendees to earn up to 6 continuing education credit hours. Partners will include Sunstar Americas, DentaQuest Partnership for Oral Health Advancement, Henry Schein Dental, and Henry Schein One.