CHICAGO, March 29, 2012 – The American Dental Association (ADA) Golden Apple Awards recognize dental society leaders, members and staff who have contributed to the success of their oral health related programs and activities. Now in its 24th year, the program offers opportunities for dental societies to showcase programs and activities produced between June 1, 2011, and May 31. Entries can be submitted electronically between May 1 and June 1.
Societies can submit entries in any (or all) of these categories:
* A new category in 2012—Outstanding Achievement in the Promotion of Diversity and Inclusion;
* Achievement in Dental School/Student Involvement in Organized Dentistry;
* Excellence in Access to Dental Care Programs;
* Excellence in Dental Health Promotion to the Public;
* Excellence in Dentist Well-Being Activities;
* Excellence in Member-Related Services/Benefits;
* Excellence in Membership Recruitment and Retention Activity;
* Excellence in Science Fair Program Support and Promotion;
* Legislative Achievement;
* Outstanding Achievement in the Promotion of Dental Ethics;
* The Green Apple—Excellence in Environmentally Sustainable Programs and Education;
* Open Category – Innovative and successful programs that do not fit into any other existing Golden Apple Awards Program categories.
Entries can be submitted electronically anytime after May 1 through the June 1 deadline. Winners will be notified by Sept. 7 and each receives the prestigious and distinctive Golden Apple trophy as well as mention in The Journal of the American Dental Association, ADA News and ADA.org.