Written by Dentistry Today Thursday, 18 April 2013 11:42
CS Solutions consists of an intraoral scanner, CBCT impression scanning, restoration design software, a milling machine, and a hosted, Web-based platform created to share and manage restoration cases between dentists and laboratories. The new product line requires minimal training by offering a light guidance system during capture, easy impression scanning, intuitive restoration design capabilities and step-by-step milling instructions. Additionally, CS Solutions is designed to work as an open system, so practices can choose to use the product family as a comprehensive approach or as standalone solutions. CS Solutions features:
- CS 3500 — With the CS 3500 intraoral scanner*, practitioners can scan patients' teeth directly to acquire true color, 3D images. The CS 3500 offers high-angulation scanning of up to 45 degrees and a depth of 16 mm, and it features a light guidance system that navigates users through the image acquisition process. Requiring no powder, the CS 3500 lets practitioners capture images with little preparation and is a more pleasant experience for patients.
- CBCT Impression Scanning — Practitioners can use a Carestream Dental cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) system, like the CS 9000 3D or the CS 9300, to scan conventional impressions and create precise 3D models. This innovative technique on the market digitizes impressions quickly while offering practitioners a familiar impression workflow.
- CS Restore — CS Restore is a CAD (Computer Aided Design) software that enables practitioners to create natural and functional single tooth restorations in just a few steps. Once acquired with the CS 3500 or a Carestream Dental CBCT system, the 3D model is ready for design with almost no manipulation. The digital impression and the antagonist are automatically aligned by the software. CS Restore also features a Bioadaptable tooth model that creates customized, individual restorations for patients, including full crowns, inlays and onlays.
- CS 3000 — The CS 3000 milling machine is a CAM (Computer Aided Manufacturing) tool featuring a 4-axis brushless motor that produces high-quality restorations with ± 25 μm accuracy. The average milling time for a crown is less than 15 minutes, enabling practitioners to offer single-appointment restorations. The CS 3000 uses proven materials and is certified to mill VITA Mark II blocks, for durable restorations and natural results. The system's elegant design and quiet, vibration-free milling allow practitioners to use the machine anywhere, even chairside.
- CS Connect — CS Connect is a hosted, Web-based portal that enables practitioners to electronically transmit cases — either the digital impression data or the restoration design — to the laboratory of their choice. With CS Connect, practitioners can view the latest status on cases, easily access the history of every case they have submitted and engage with lab technicians for collaborative case review.
"CS Solutions redefines CAD/CAM restorative dentistry, offering practitioners a simplified, comprehensive approach to support their everyday restoration needs," said Edward Shellard, D.M.D., chief marketing officer and director of business development for Carestream Dental. "However, dentists also have the flexibility to use the products within the portfolio as standalone solutions based on their practice's needs."
Carestream Dental invites all CDA – South attendees to visit booth number 502 to learn more about the CS Solutions restorations portfolio during the show. For more information on Carestream Dental's innovative solutions or to request a product demonstration, call (800) 944-6365 or visit www.carestreamdental.com/solutions.