Written by Dentistry Today Wednesday, 06 March 2013 15:26
The D900 – 3Shape's new dental lab scanner with RealColor™ Tehnology
3Shape will present its latest technology wonder, the D900 lab scanner. This powerful scanner packs four high-res 5MP cameras providing extraordinary speed, high accuracy, and color scanning using 3Shape RealColor™ Technology.
3Shape's recently released Dental System™ 2013
Dental System™ 2013 was released in December 2012 and has already marked itself as the market's most complete system for dental CAD/CAM - with workflows for all the major dental indications. Some of its key features are:
- The software's CAD User Interface has been completely redesigned to simplify design workflows with a new workflow progress bar, full-screen option, and more.
- Abutment Designer™ now includes a unique workflow for Screw-retained Crowns/Anatomical Abutments, and a new "Anatomy-first" design approach.
- Advanced Implant Bridges with gingiva (Prettau style) can now be designed in a single workflow - complete with gingiva, teeth, and implant connectors.
- Digital Denture Design software to easily design esthetic and functional full dentures. Quickly place the teeth with Smile Composer™ and easily design the gingiva.
- 3Shape's Post and Core is unique to the market. The solution has been completely redeveloped with new scanning and design workflows and support for multi-post cases.
- RealView™ Engine offers near photo-realistic visualizations of the patient-case, incl. both designed/scanned teeth and the gingiva. Easily combine with 2D images of the patients face.
New features and added power in 3Shape's TRIOS® digital impression taking solution
3Shape TRIOS® technologies have been further expanded with new features making digital impression taking even more attractive for clinics. Some of the latest advancements are:
- Now 40% faster - TRIOS® Ultrafast Optical Sectioning™ software has been optimized for even faster impression capture.
- The TRIOS® Pod solution is a new configuration and an alternative to the TRIOS® cart. It enables scanning with TRIOS® using selected laptop PCs and thereby offers mobility and flexibility for dentists working in multiple locations or for clinics with limited space.
- Control TRIOS® from your iPad or mirror the live 3D view directly on other displays in the clinic such as monitors integrated in the chair.
- New tip with anti-mist heater - automatically ensures an optimal temperature for undistorted and crystal clear scanning.
- Post and Core restorations - TRIOS® is optimized for Post and Core scanning in which high accuracy and reliable depth capture are especially critical.
- TRIOS® for Orthodontics - captures full arches and the occlusal situation as input for digital study models, treatment planning, and appliance design. TRIOS® for Orthodontics includes 3Shape Ortho Analyzer™ software allowing clinics to perform treatment simulations, virtual setups, and analyses on the scanned model.
Hands-on training for 3Shape users at IDS
As a part of its LABcare™ program, 3Shape will conduct hands-on training exclusively for 3Shape Dental System™ Subscribers. Training sessions take place throughout IDS at 3Shape's booth in Hall 4,2 booth N090. See the full training program and preregister at 3shapedental.com/IDStraining or www.3shapedental.com
Free public lectures about digital dentistry and 3Shape solutions
Topics range from CAD workflows, new digital service options, industry trends, and more. Many prominent speakers include both 3Shape key staff and recognized dental experts with a new lecture starting every hour. Lectures take place throughout IDS at 3Shape's booth in Hall 4,2 booth N090. See the full program at www.3shapedental.com/IDSlectures or www.3shapedental.com
3Shape is a Danish company specializing in the development and marketing of 3D scanners and CAD/CAM software solutions designed for the creation, processing, analysis and management of high-quality 3D data for application in complex manufacturing processes. 3Shape envisions the age of "full digital dentistry," and its more than 140 developers provide superior innovation power toward reaching this goal. 3Shape's flexible solutions empower dental professionals through automation of real workflows, and its systems are applied in thousands of labs in more than 90 countries worldwide, putting 3Shape technologies at the peak of the market in relation to units produced per day by dental technicians. With TRIOS, 3Shape now brings its vast expertise and innovation power directly to dentists. 3Shape boosts its first-line distributor support network with a second-line support force of over 30 in-house experts placed in 5 support and service centers strategically located around the globe. 3Shape is a privately-held company headquartered in Copenhagen, with the market's largest team dedicated to scanner and software development for the dental segment. 3Shape is based in Denmark and Ukraine, production facilities in Poland, and Business Development & Support Offices at several locations in Europe, in North and South America and in Asia. For further information regarding 3Shape, please refer to www.3shapedental.com. Visit us on www.facebook.com/3shape, or view our mobile site on www.3shapedental.com