Written by Dentistry Today Monday, 07 January 2013 11:23
Copenhagen, January 7, 2013 – on December 21, 2012, 3Shape, a user-acclaimed worldwide leader in 3D scanners and CAD/CAM software solutions, released its next generation Dental System™ 2013 to the market.
"We are keenly focused on helping labs stay competitive in an industry driven by technology changes, escalating globalization, and increasing regulatory demands," says Flemming Thorup, President & CEO at 3Shape. "By enhancing ease-of-use in our Dental System 2013, and adding even more major indications that can be provided digitally, we believe that we have significantly increased the productivity and range of services labs can offer at competitive prices."
New features in Dental System 2013 include:
- New user interface for maximum ease-of-use and simplified design workflows A new intuitive workflow progress bar guides users through each design step. The new interface introduces an impressive full Screen design window that maximizes 3D design space.
- Advanced implant bridges with gingiva ("Prettau style") Design advanced bridges - complete with gingiva, teeth, and implant interfaces in a single smooth workflow. Designs can be milled directly in Zirconia, titanium, PMMA, or other materials.
- New Post and Core design software
Completely new Post and Core solution with unique scanning and design workflows. Specially designed scan-posts capture post positions and depth from the model. All layers are designed in a single workflow – starting with the anatomy layer first. Uses scans from both TRIOS® and 3Shape desktop scanners.
- New Abutment Designer™ workflow for screw-retained crowns and anatomical abutments 3Shape introduces a new workflow for designing screw-retained restorations in Abutment Designer™. All types of abutments – Standard customized abutments, screw-retained Crowns and anatomical abutments – are selected directly in the order form, followed by the new 'Anatomy-First' workflow.
- Ground-breaking Digital Denture Design 3Shape's new Denture Design™ software brings digital precision and efficiency to a traditionally technique demanding process. Technicians use 3Shape's Smile Composer™ and a unique Gingiva Creation Tool to efficiently model highly esthetic and functional dentures.
- TRIOS® Inbox - labs can connect to any open TRIOS® digital impression system in the world The new TRIOS® Inbox enables labs to receive scans from TRIOS® Digital Impression Systems in dental clinics and discuss cases with dentists online. Incoming cases are accepted or rejected with a single click and a notification is immediately sent back to the dentist
Get Dental System 2013 as a part of your 3Shape LABcare™
All Dental System™ subscriptions include 3Shape LABcare™ - 3Shape's customer-centric business model that gives users new technologies through annual releases such as this Dental System™ 2013 software. In addition to upgrades, 3Shape LABCare™ gives labs access to an efficient support network with multiple language assistance, and access to training and learning channels such as webinars, videos, etc.
Dental System™ 2013 will be available through 3Shape resellers. Actual availability to end-users will depend on the specific system configuration. Please contact your local 3Shape supplier, or visit www.3shapedental.com regarding reseller information.
3Shape is a Danish company specializing in the development and marketing of 3D scanners and CAD/CAM software solutions designed for the creation, processing, analysis and management of high-quality 3D data for application in complex manufacturing processes. 3Shape envisions the age of the "full digital dental lab," and its more than 140 developers provide superior innovation power toward reaching this goal. 3Shape's flexible solutions empower dental professionals through automation of real workflows, and its systems are applied in thousands of labs in more than 90 countries worldwide, putting 3Shape technologies at the peak of the market in relation to units produced per day by dental technicians. With TRIOS, 3Shape now brings its vast expertise and innovation power directly to dentists. 3Shape boosts its first-line distributor support network with a second-line support force of over 30 in-house experts placed in 5 support and service centers strategically located around the globe. 3Shape is a privately-held company headquartered in Copenhagen, with the market's largest team dedicated to scanner and software development for the dental segment based in Denmark and Ukraine, production facilities in Poland, and Business Development & Support Offices at several locations in Europe, in North and South America and in Asia. For further information regarding 3Shape, please refer to www.3shapedental.com. Visit us on www.facebook.com/3shape