Written by Dentistry Today Friday, 07 January 2011 11:24
Malvern, PA (January 7, 2011) – DentalEZ® Group, a supplier of innovative products and services for dental health professionals worldwide, is pleased to announce that 2011 marks the 100th year of its StarDental® product line.
Over the last hundred years, StarDental has introduced many new technologies to the dental community, including the LubeFree™ handpiece, built-in handpiece light source, and the sonic scaler. The company began in 1911 as a simple operation. Today, as part of the DentalEZ product family, StarDental is a global leader in the manufacture and distribution of innovative and reliable handpieces for the dental professional.
“We are as committed today as we were 100 years ago on establishing new industry standards for design, quality, and service to the dental industry and profession,” remarked StarDental Sr. Product Manager,
- 1973: Fiber Optic High-Speed Handpiece – It was the first handpiece to use fiber-optic illumination, which allowed dentists to clearly see the oral cavity through the cooling mist of high-speed drilling.
- 1979: The Sonic Scaler – A clinically proven design that effectively removes hard calculus deposits and stains. This scaler uses a controlled water spray and a patented scaling tip design that’s very gentle to patients and reduces the risk of damage to hard and soft tissue.
- 1985: LubeFree Low-Speed Handpiece – StarDental’s ultra-reliable handpiece created a better bond between tooth structure and dental materials by eliminating lubricant on the tooth surface, and also increased operatory efficiency.
- 1986: Push Button Auto Chuck – This innovation eliminated the need for a wrench when changing diamonds and burs, and enhanced safety by securing diamonds and burs so they would not come loose while the handpiece was in operation.
- 1991: LubeFree High-Speed Handpiece – This handpiece offered dentists a lubrication-free tool that improved bonding. Its higher speed allowed faster, more precise removal of tooth amalgam material, while its low-noise design reduced patient anxiety and small head provided improved patient comfort and visual access to the oral cavity.
“We are extremely proud of StarDental’s rich and growing history that has served dental professionals for
100 years,” remarked Randy Arner, VP of Marketing for DentalEZ Group. “StarDental was founded on the principles of exceeding customer expectations of quality and delivery, while simultaneously improving internal practices. We expect to continue to adhere to these principles during the next 100 years.”
While its history stretches back more than a century, the StarDental brand is looking towards the future of dentistry with a continuous launch of products, such as the lightweight Solara® and 430® Series of lubricated and LubeFree high-speed handpieces; the Titan-T™ low-speed handpiece; and the latest advancement in programmable electric handpiece systems, the NuTorque® and NuTorque® Lite.
For more information on all StarDental products, please call XXX or visit www.dentalez.com.
About DentalEZ® Group
DentalEZ® Group is committed to advancing the practice of dentistry through innovative products and services. Encompassing six distinct product brands—StarDental®, DentalEZ®, CustomAir®, RAMVAC®, NevinLabs™, and Columbia Dentoform® — DentalEZ® Group manufactures everything in the operatory, from handpieces to chairs to vacuum systems to dental simulation models, creating a complete line of products to elevate the health, comfort, and efficiency of the dental operatory. For more information, please visit www.dentalez.com.