Written by Dentistry Today Tuesday, 04 January 2011 21:37
Unique Dental Device Brings Efficiency and Improved Patient Safety & Comfort to Procedures
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. – January 3, 2011 – Isolite Systems won a coveted sixth consecutive “Townie Choice Award" from Dentaltown Magazine for its unique dental product, the Isolite™ dryfield illuminator.
The Isolite dryfield illuminator is an innovative dental tool that combines the functions of light, suction and retraction into a single device solving many of the frustrations that dental professionals deal with on a daily basis. The device gently holds the patient's mouth open, keeps the tongue out of the working field, illuminates the oral cavity, and guards the patient's airway — all while continuously evacuating saliva and excess moisture. The super-soft mouthpiece used with the device makes for a more comfortable experience for the patient, and allows dental professionals to work more efficiently with greater control over the oral environment.
"After 22 years as a restorative/cosmetic dentist, I can confidently say that the Isolite is a revelation in quality dental care. The Isolite simultaneously increases patient comfort while lowering the stress typically associated with the meticulous placement of bonded restorations. Working with Isolite, I would say that my average time to complete preparation and restoration is cut by one third," stated Michael I. Barr, DDS, owner of Palm Beach Smiles - Cosmetic Dentistry in Boynton Beach, Florida.
The “Townie Choice Awards" were started by Dr. Howard Farran and Farran Media in 2003 to assist dentists in making purchasing decisions and are considered the “people’s choice” of the products and services available in the dental industry today. The Isolite dryfield illuminator was the 2010 winner in the category of Non-Rubber Dam Isolation. Winners were announced December 17, 2010. Voting for the awards was open to more than 130,000 registered members of the Dentaltown interactive community (www.dentaltown.com) and readers of Dentaltown Magazine.
"The Townie Choice Award is so meaningful to us," said Sandi Hirsch, general manager of Isolite Systems, "That we have won six awards over the past seven years is testament to the impact Isolite is making on the dental profession. We are extremely grateful to the Dentaltown community for embracing our dental isolation products."
The recent “Townie Choice Award" is the latest accolade garnered by Isolite Systems for its popular device. Other recognition for the Isolite dryfield illuminator includes:
- Named by Dentistry Today magazine as one of the Top 100 Products (2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010)
- Named by The Dental Advisor as a "Preferred Product" (2010)
- REALITY Publishing 4-star product (2010)
- Dentaltown Magazine "Townie Choice Award" winner (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010)
- DrBicuspid.com "Dental Excellence Award - Best New Instrument" (2009)
- Named to Dental Product Reports' magazine as one of its Top 100 Products of Distinction (2008)
- Named to Dentalcompare's Top 108 Products for 2008
- Named a “Best Product 2008” by Dental Product Shoppermagazine; received a 4.8 rating (out of a possible 5.0) by reviewing dentists
- Named to Dental Product ReportsmagazineTop 100 Products of Distinction for 2008
- Isolite Systems and Thomas R. Hirsch, DDS, received the Inventor Award from the World Congress of Minimally Invasive Dentistry (2004)
- Received a ++++ rating (4 out of a possible 5) from The Dental Advisor, a research firm which evaluates dental products by objective clinical and laboratory research protocols (2003)
- Business Week/Industrial Design Excellence "Gold" Award from the Industrial Designers Society of America (2003)
- Named Dental Products Report Top 10 Chairside Products (2002)
About Isolite Systems
Isolite Systems was founded in 2001 by Thomas R. Hirsch, DDS, his brother, James Hirsch, industrial designer, and Sandra Hirsch, CPA, to bring to market the Isolite dryfield illuminator and other products. The company is committed to transcending the limitations of existing dental technology with innovative, ergonomically efficient products that help dental professionals work more productively with less stress and fatigue. Dentists, dental assistants and hygienists at dental practices and clinics throughout North America are making their practices more productive using Isolite Systems products while improving patient comfort and safety. For more information about Isolite Systems and its products, including a video tour and clinical videos, please visit www.isolitesystems.com or call 800-560-6066.