Written by Dentistry Today Thursday, 04 November 2010 11:53
Museum Shop offers unique finds for dental professionals
BALTIMORE, MD (November 4, 2010)–Where else can you find ice cube trays shaped like dentures, frosting-flavored floss, and necklaces with silver tooth charms? From whimsical molar stools and children's toys to professional gifts to honor friends and colleagues, the National Museum of Dentistry’s Museum Shop offers distinctive items for anyone with a taste for tooth-related trinkets. Shop on site at the Museum’s historic location in downtown Baltimore, Maryland – or shop online at http://www.smile-experience.org/shop.
This season, the Museum Shop features new gift items:
· Hang on to your wine glass with whimsical pewter dental-themed glass charms. Set of 6 features dental floss, toothpaste, tooth, mirror, and more. $21.95
· 2GB tooth-shaped flash drive. $12.99
· Keep your drinks teeth-chattering cold with “frozen” denture ice molds. $8.95
· Solid sterling silver charms and necklaces, including a dental chair, sparkling tooth, winged tooth with a smile, floss, and toothbrush/paste $10.95-$17.95
· A dentist invented the golf tee. Tee off with “cavi-tees,” tooth-shaped gold tees that are a must for every “practicing” dental professional (20 2” tees - $4.99)
· Russian wooden nesting dentist dolls in five pieces reveal the whole family. Wonderful gift or office piece. $35
· Have your pasta “al dente” with Keep Smiling all-natural, tooth-shaped pasta. Cooks to twice the size! 6 oz. for $5.95
Shop at the museum or online at www.smile-experience.org/shop. Museum Members receive 10% of Museum Shop purchases.
NATIONAL MUSEUM OF DENTISTRY
See amazing teeth feats, marvel at George Washington’s choppers, sing along to vintage toothpaste commercials, and discover fascinating hands-on exhibitions about the power of a healthy smile. An Affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution, this one-of-a-kind museum is located at 31 S. Greene Street, a short walk from the Inner Harbor. Regular admission is $7 for adults, $5 for seniors and college students with ID, $3 for children (ages 3-18); and free for members, ages 2 & under, and active duty military & immediate family. Open Wednesday–Saturday 10 a.m.–4 p.m. and Sunday 1–4 p.m. Closed Mondays, Tuesdays, and major holidays. Call 410/706-0600 or visit www.smile-experience.org.